“Oppenheimer” coming to the LARC Theater

Photo by Belkaa Photographer/ Unsplash
The “Oppenheimer” movie will be screening in the LARC Theater on Nov. 30 at 7 p.m.

Another Thursday, another great film to see in the LARC Theater.

On Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m., the last installation of the film series this semester will be a showing of “Oppenheimer.” The movie will be shown in the third-floor theater of the Library and Resources Center. Entry is free for Lindenwood students with an ID and $2 for general admission.

In this feature film, audiences get to watch J. Robert Oppenheimer (Cillian Murphy) become the theoretical physicist we all know today as the creator of the atomic bomb. The movie focuses on Oppenheimer’s life and career from college to his role in the Manhattan Project during World War II and his eventual fall of grace in a security meeting in 1954.

“Oppenheimer” is now the highest-grossing biographical movie of all time as well as the third highest-grossing film in 2023 right behind “Barbie” and “The Super Mario Bros. Movie.” Since its release in June of 2023, “Oppenheimer” has earned a Hollywood Music in Media Award for original soundtrack, a Golden Trailer Award for best show, and a Grammy award for best soundtrack.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to watch this award-winning film on Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. in the LARC theater.