Real Experience, Real Success: Events to check out if you are a Lindenwood senior

Photo by Center for Engaged Learning
Center for Engaged Learning “Suits for Success” Flyer.

With graduation approaching in May, the Center for Engaged Learning (CEL) wants to ensure students are ready to find internships and jobs after college.

Three events will be taking place at Lindenwood University in Feb., which will give useful tools to students to be prepared for their life after college.

“Becoming career ready starts day one at Lindenwood. It begins in the classroom as you develop your skills and graduate attributes, it develops over time as you engage in activities, make lifelong friendships, and build your network,” Director of Career Development Emily Huey said. “It also takes work and preparation, and the Center for Engaged Learning and the Career Services team are here to partner with you on your journey.”

The following events will take place starting this week:

• Resume Café: Feb. 8. From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Suits for Success: Feb. 15. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Spring Internship and Career Fair: Feb. 22. From 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

At the “Resume Café”, the students will be able to mingle with local St. Louis employers and have their resumes reviewed by professional teams. The event will take place at the LARC Grove, and drinks and snacks will be provided.

At “Suits for Success”, students will have the opportunity to browse through CEL’s suit and dress closet. Blazers, dress pants, and much more will be available for students at the LARC Grove.

Finally, the “Lindenwood University Spring Internship and Career Fair” will make it possible for students to get to know around 100 employers from multiple industries and fields of study. (Do not forget to bring copies of your resume with you)

Some tips for students:

“We encourage you to seek out the tools and resources available to you, to attend events to grow your network, and to get REAL EXPERIENCE so you are prepared for REAL SUCCESS,” Huey said.