Lindenwood Recreation Center hosts Softball Intramurals

Something is at the Lindenwood softball field, and it is not the softball team.

Intramural softball is in full swing for the spring semester. Hosted by the Lindenwood Recreation Center, students can sign up for and create their own team to play against others.

“We go onto the LindenRec app and we create a team, then I send out an invite to all the players who want to play,” member of ‘Ump Yours’ Will Talbot said.“We play either every Tuesday or every Thursday.”

On these nights, any student can come to watch the teams play each other for free at the softball field in the Lou Brock Sports Complex at Lindenwood University.

While the teams don’t necessarily need a coach, Ump Yours does. DaJuan Applewhite helps coach the team to be better players.

“I get the players in shape, you know, I teach them, coach them and all that. Make them learn their mistakes,” Applewhite said. “I love all my players. It’s been good. We’ve got great players. It’s been really fun. We don’t stop the grinding.”

Although the players don’t win much, they do get all the bragging rights and time to spend with their friends.

“It’s been so much fun,” Talbot said. “I love playing with all of these people, they have a lot of energy, my coaching staff is wonderful and I really enjoy looking forward to coming out here each week and getting a win with the boys.”

If you weren’t able to sign up for this spring semester, next fall semester will be available for those who want to create their own teams and join in on the action.