Safety and parking concerns discussed at LSG meeting

Applications to be a Lindenwood Student Government senator are now open on InvolveU.

MATT HAMPTON | Reporter

Here is a recap of Wednesday’s biweekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium. 

• Student senators Jack Bedtke and Sabrina Clements, the chair of the security committee, asked for feedback from the audience about safety and parking at Lindenwood. Students and staff gave suggestions including installing more cameras and lights and finding ways to enforce traffic laws to improve road safety on campus.  
  • Commuter Appreciation Week will be held next week and will provide free meals and other giveaways to commuters. 
  • LSG president Nick Stone said LSG is looking into a solution to student complaints of a lack of public spaces to relax with the closing of Butler Library and the Spellmann first floor lounge.  
  • No funds were requested at the meeting.  

In accordance with a LSG constitutional amendment passed last semester, assembly meetings now occur every other week. The next meeting is Mar. 7 and next town hall meeting will be Feb. 28. The following happened at last week’s non-mandatory town hall:

• LSG approved a request by the Nerf Alliance for $253.28 for Humans vs. Zombies
  • A request by the College Republicans and Computer Science Club for $80.57 for their PGP Encryption Event was approved. 
  • CSC requested $77.73 for a video gaming tournament. The request passed.  
  • A funds request from the Black Student Union passed. BSU requested $12.23 for its “Don’t Touch My Culture” event.