New LSG officers sworn in at final meeting of semester

Applications to be a Lindenwood Student Government senator are now open on InvolveU.

MATT HAMPTON | Reporter

Here is a recap of the biweekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium Wednesday.  

• New officers were transitioned for next semester’s executive board. Posy Durr, previously the LSG Vice President, was sworn in as president. Sabrina Clements became vice president for academic affairs, Mackenzie Komeshak became vice president for finance, Jack Bedtke became vice president for student relations and involvement and Daniel Kennebeck became vice president for community outreach.  
  • Student Involvement Director Angie Royal said that around midnight at Evans Unlocked, there will be a significant announcement about concerts next year.  
  • The Indian Student Association, a group for South Asian students at Lindenwood, was approved as a new student organization.  
  • The assembly approved a funds request by the International Student Fellowship for $848 for its “Backwards” Farewell Dinner.

In accordance with a LSG constitutional amendment passed last semester, assembly meetings now occur every other week. Wednesday’s LSG meeting was the last one of the semester, and a special session occurred after it was adjourned.  The following took place in the special session:

• Two funds requests were approved, one by ISF for $324.97 for its Ice Cream Social and one by Alpha Psi Omega for $419.70 for its Back to School Bash.