Popular diner Gingham’s is relocating

In October, Gingham’s Homestyle Restaurant is expected to move locations.
Photo from Gingham’s website

DANIEL BELL-NGUYEN | Reporter

Gingham’s Homestyle Restaurant in St. Charles, MO is on track to relocate to gain a larger location by October 2019.

The neighborhood diner, located at the corner of Sherman Drive and First Capitol Drive, has been open since February 1991, but is still striving to grow as a business.

While the new location is less than a mile from the current one, there will be changes to the business such as a larger dining room to accommodate more customers, as well as more parking spaces.

“It’s a great opportunity for us down there,” said Catherine Eschmann, a manager at Gingham’s. “Parking will be much better, we’ll have a banquet room with an additional 52 seats to what we have now.”

Known for its 24-hour service, Gingham’s serves home-style and comfort food, ranging from breakfast classics to dinner entrees.

The menu will stay the same for the new location and the Southern Fried Chicken Biscuit Platter is described as a must-try by Eschmann.

In its 28 years, Gingham’s has become a popular late-night stop for Lindenwood students.

“I would say a good majority of our overnight business are Lindenwood students… and everyone has their Lindenwood apparel on,” said Eschmann.

The new Gingham’s location will be at 1566 Country Club Plaza, Saint Charles, MO 63303.

Job opportunities for positions such as server, busser, cook, and dishwasher are currently available. People can apply online at ginghamsrestaurant.com or call (636) 946-0266.