What’s coming to J. Scheidegger during the 2024 spring semester.

Photo by Sofiya Melnychuk
What’s coming to J. Scheidegger during the spring.

Lindenwood University’s J. Scheidegger will host plays, dance, and visiting artists in the 2024 spring semester.

From Jan. 25-27, the Lindenwood University Dance Program will host their 2024 Winter Dance Concert. This will be a concert featuring original works by sophomore and junior Bachelor of Fine Arts candidates who specialize in ballet, contemporary, and jazz dance.

• The Winter’s Tale

The winter production of The Winter’s Tale will be at 7:30pm from Feb. 21-24. In this play, the jealous King Leontes accuses his wife of infidelity and therefore casts out their newborn daughter despite his claims being false. The daughter, Perdita, is raised by shepherds and falls in love with the son of Leontes’ friend. This production follows her life over 16 years, leaving the audience to decide if a decade is enough time to repair the damage done to the royal family.

• Diane Schuur

Visiting the Lindenwood University stage on Feb. 23 will be one of jazz’s leading vocalists. Diane Schuur will perform at J. Scheidegger. This artist is talented, having been blind from birth but gifted with a three-and-a-half-octave range and perfect pitch, Diane is a big part of today contemporary jazz.

• Bruce Hornsby

On March 15, J Scheidegger Center for Arts will host Bruce Hornsby, an American songwriter and three-time Grammy award winner. Hornsby will be joined by YMusic, the contemporary classical ensemble, in a [performance of collaborative compositions and some favorites from Hornsby’s own catalog.

• Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Apr. 4, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils take the stage. This is described as “a ragtag collection of hippies, bohemians, and musicians of no fixed ambition.” Their performance will be full of music, the group is known for not fitting within music genres.

• Ordinary Days

The musical Ordinary Days will be on stage from Apr. 10-13. This is a musical theater production about the city that never sleeps, following 4 New Yorkers’ lives as they go through their days. This is an original musical meant to highlight the simple things to be enjoyed in a complex place. Using humor and poignancy to show the way 8.3 million people (about half the population of New York) can live and connect in New York City.

• Spring Dance Concert

For the first time in Lindenwood University history, there will be a Spring Dance Concert from Apr. 17-20 at 7:30pm. There will be two unique concerts over the four evenings of production, showcasing 14 graduating students and directed by Janet Strzelec. This will be full of BA ana BFA capstone projects and works by the faculty and a guest artist.

Make sure to visit some of the productions and shows this Spring Semester at J. Scheidegger Center for Arts. Tickets can be purchased on their website. All Lindenwood University Students and Staff receive 2 free tickets each semester as well.